What are the steps to register for IMO maths class 5?February 3, 2022
International mathematics olympiad (IMO) is a competitive exam of mathematics that is conducted to find the talent and passion of the students in mathematics. It encourages students all over the world to develop themselves in the field of mathematics. It is the pinnacle of all the mathematical competitions and is the oldest among them. Every year, the countries around the world will send six students to attempt this examination and to compete with all others. This examination will help the students to assess their strengths and weaknesses in maths. It is specially designed and developed by highly experienced experts in mathematics. It will provide a conquering charm in the young minds of the students with a competitive spirit. The performance of the student as an individual or among the class or school or country is analyzed with a help of a graphical report made available to all.
The IMO registration can be processed through the schools that are registered and students can also apply as an individual candidate through the official website. For school registration, the school authorities must ensure that the registered student’s form reaches the office on or before the closure of the IMO registration process. In case, if the school cannot register, then the students can register individually as the science olympiad foundation (SOF) IMO accepts individual applications.
Highlights of IMO registration
The SOF IMO exam is only for the students of classes 1 to 12. The international mathematics olympiad is the prestigious Olympiad exam conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). the SOF IMO registration details include the name of the exam is SOF IMO, full form of IMO is International mathematics olympiad, parent organization science olympiad foundation, mode of examination is online, question type multiple-choice questions (MCQ), duration is 1 hour, last date of registration, NSO registration fees which is Rs.125, school registration fees, and SOF IMO registration methods i.e, through school or individual registration.
After registering successfully, the students have to start their preparation and they can make use of the previous paper for IMO class 5 maths 2016 for practicing the problems to increase their speed.
IMO registration dates
The science olympiad foundation releases the important dates for the International Mathematics Olympiad on its official website every year. Students can check those dates on the SOF official website. The registration usually starts in June. the IMO registration has a deadline of about 15 days before the respective exam date. It has three levels of examinations. The IMO level 1 (SET-A) exam date is in December first week. The IMO level 1 (SET-B) exam date is in December fourth week. The IMO level 1(SET-C) exam date is in the first week of January. The SOF IMO level 2 exam date is in January.
Eligibility Criteria for IMO registration
The students can complete their registration process through their school or as an individual when their school cannot participate. The students of class 5 can get registered for the SOF IMO maths examination. The registration process has two levels and each level has its eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria-Level 1
The students of class 5 can take part in the first level of the IMO olympiad examination. They must contain certain eligibility criteria which are as follows.
- The school to which the students belong must be affiliated with an Indian-recognized education board.
- Students can attempt this IMO olympiad maths examination once a year.
- If the students want to register through school, then the school should be registered through SOF for registering their students for the olympiad exam.
Eligibility criteria-Level 2
The students who wish to take part in the level 2 of olympiad maths examination have certain eligibility criteria which are given below.
- The level 2 SOF IMO Olympiad exam is for the students of classes 3 to 12.
- The top 5% of candidates from each class who have appeared for the level 1 examination are eligible for the level 2 examination.
- The toppers of the class were at least ten students per class who appeared in the examination, then the students with a 50% score were eligible for the level 2 exam.
IMO registration process
The students can register for the SOF IMO maths olympiad examination in two ways. They can register through the school or as an individual in the case when their school cannot participate. The registration process involves the filling of two types of forms for school and individual.
IMO registration through school
The students can get registered for the SOF IMO maths olympiad examination through their school which is registered with SOF. A prospectus that contains a registration form for the Olympiad examination will be given to all the registered schools. There are certain steps to be followed to fill that application through school. The steps are as follows.
- The school coordinator should collect all the necessary details from the students who wish to participate in the olympiad examination and their registration fees.
- The school coordinator can fill the combined forms of all the participating students.
- The filled forms along with the registration fees have to be sent to the SOF foundation from the school.
IMO individual registration
The students who wish to participate in the olympiad exam can fill their registration form as an individual online. As is mentioned earlier, the students can also register themselves when their school is not registered. The students with individual registration should attempt the olympiad examination from being in the home only. The international maths olympiad online registration for the individual students must be done under the guidance of their parents. All the participants must give accurate and complete information in the registration form.
The following are the steps to be followed to fill the IMO application as an individual participant.
- Visit the official website of SOF.
- The students can see the online registration for schools and students on the SOF home page.
- By clicking on “read more” navigates the students to the registration page.
- On the registration pages, the students can view the student’s registration, school registration, and the registration forms for the schools.
- Click on “registration by students” will direct them to the individual registration.
- Enter the school details such as school code, school name, school address, and Pincode, school phone number, principal name, school email, country, state, and city in the registration form.
- Enter the student’s details such as student name, gender, class and section, student mobile number, and student email in the registration form.
- Preview the registration form and click submit.
These are the steps to be followed to get registered with the IMO olympiad maths examination. Once the students got registered they must start their preparation without wasting their time.