Senior Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities in ITFebruary 3, 2022
Senior Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities: If you are an experienced software developer and want to know about the roles and responsibilities in IT Job, then you should check this post. On this page, you can check the Sr Software Engineer roles and responsibilities in Software Development, Production Support projects.
As a Sr.Software Engineer, you will be responsible for various development activities in a development project. Similarly, you have to support applications in production support projects. Check the various roles and responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer in an IT company.
Senior Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities in IT
The job role of a candidate varies from company to company and technology but most of the responsibilities in S/W development and prod support project will be remain same. In the below sections, you can find the responsibilities, activities and role of a Sr Software Engineer in IT projects.
Software Developer Responsibilities
A Software developer who enhances and maintains an internally-developed software application. Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software using various coding practices and methods. The role will require working directly with developers, quality assurance testers, and support personnel. Reports to the Team Lead.
- Have good understanding of the requirements in the area of functionality being developed
- Understanding and working knowledge of business IT applications
- Responsible for design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software systems
- Candidates should be willing to work independently
- Good initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills
- Participating in Story Board Discussions
- Collaborating with IT and business teams on projects
- Apply fundamental knowledge of programming languages for design specifications
- Consult with users, clients, and other technology groups on issues, and recommend programming solutions, install, and support customer exposure systems
- Create and execute unit tests
- Debug code, make and test code fixes .
- Adhere to defined coding standards and other defined quality standards
- Analyze applications to identify vulnerabilities and security issues, as well as conduct testing and debugging
Senior Software Engineer Roles in Production Support Projects
The support activities involve monitoring, incident and problem management. He/she will work with stakeholders on a daily basis to manage and resolve incidents. This includes direct responsibility for production support, problem and incident management, operational change, as well as service and program delivery. Also supporting vertical functions (Release, Deployment & Environment Management, Application Integration & Engineering, Application Integration & Engineering, Performance & Capacity Management, and Operational Excellence) to deepen concentration stability and innovation.
- Monitor and support applications for 100% SLA meets
- Willing to work in 24/7 project environment
- On call support once in a month
- Technically sound
- Send daily status reports to project managers and Onsite managers
- Production Ticket/Issue Triage
- Preparing RCA – Root Cause Analysis (RCA) document
- Supporting code and configuration updates
- Partner with Application development team, CCO, Level 2 support teams to resolve the issue
- Prepare and/or review Impact Analysis based on issue analysis
- Hands on experience with L3 support work load.
- Write scripts to automate mundane daily BAU tasks
- Identify root cause in the code or infrastructure
- Monitoring the Quality Control (QC) for any latest Defects and perform Root Cause Analysis
- Able to complete all the assigned tasks within the time frame
- Provide support after office hours, weekends and stay on call when business needs
- Monitoring the Servers and Data Sources after production
- Supporting the implementation of upgrades and new applications.
You May Also Like To Apply:
- Latest Off Campus Drives for Freshers
- Civil Engineering Govt Jobs 2020 for Freshers
- Job Fair for Freshers in Bangalore
- Walkins for Freshers