How to Find TikTok Influencers for your Marketing CampaignsFebruary 3, 2022
To promote your brand, you will need to locate TikTok influencers. Given TikTok’s popularity, it’s the most downloaded app. I believe that this is a great idea. TikTok is an excellent place to connect with young people.
But how do you launch an influencer campaign on TikTok? Let’s take a look at the key steps to make sure you are clear.
Step 1: Create a strategy and define your campaign
Your campaign should be mapped out before you start finding influencers. Set a goal. Consider what you hope to gain by collaborating with influencers.
Influencer marketing campaigns have some common goals:
- Brand awareness
- Sales increase
- Content creation
- Followers for your brand’s social accounts
- Engagement with your brand
Next, define your target audience. Now is the right time to do market research if you haven’t already. Think about age, gender, location, language and interests. Double-check that TikTok connects with you and your target. You might consider a different network if it doesn’t.
Next, you will need to outline the practical aspects, such as the budget and timeline. What amount can you afford to spend on influencer incentive? This will impact the type of influencers you can afford.
Step 2: Select the content type that you wish to use
TikTok is an online platform that focuses on video, which allows for lots of different types of content. These are just a few of the many types of collaborations between brands and influencers:
- Giveaways – Partner with an influencer to give away some products to your/their followers
- Takeovers – Let influencers post directly to your channel for a specific period
- Unboxing – Send your products to influencers and ask them to film their reactions while opening them
- Tutorials – Ask influencers for demonstrations of how to use your product (remember that TikTok videos are limited to 3 minutes).
- Educational content – Get influencers to talk about historical or sensitive topics you would like to touch upon as a brand
- Lives – Influencers can answer questions about your products or take them behind-the scenes at events.
How the influencers react to your product is a major factor in the success of your campaign content. For example, you want them to get excited about your product during unboxings. In live streaming, you want influencers to react naturally to your brand.
So, it’s crucial to identify the right influencers for your brand. This brings us to step 3.
Step 3: Search for TikTok influencers that are right to your brand
You need to know where to find influencers in order to search for them. While there are many ways to find influencers, including searching directly on TikTok, you can use an influencer marketing platform. This kind of software is cheaper than hiring an agency and more efficient than searching TikTok directly.
Anyway, before searching, there are a few things you should know about the process.
The influencer tiers
Your influencer discovery is directly affected by your budget. Influencer prices rise with the number of followers, although they can also be affected depending by engagement rate, country, or other factors.
Generally, there are six levels of influencers:
- Nano influencers, 1-5K followers
- Micro influencers, 5-50K followers
- Medium influencers, 50-100K followers
- Macro influencers, 100K-1M followers
- Mega influencers, 1M+ followers
- No follower threshold for key opinion leaders
The final tier is slightly different. A KOL is a little like a super-influencer. They are often active on social media but also have other platforms, beyond social media, like television and newspapers, where they can voice opinions. They therefore aren’t limited to a specific social media following.
KOLs are more prevalent in industries that require a specific credential, such as finance, healthcare, and business. KOLs can have a huge impact on your brand but it can be hard to get in touch with them and collaborate.
You should choose micro or nano influencers if you have a limited budget. These influencers are usually the most affordable and have the highest engagement rates of all. Their followers are highly interested in what they have to say and trust their recommendations.
How to analyze performance-driven metrics
Marketers continue to worry about influencer fraud. So do your best to avoid it. Analyze all profiles of potential collaborators to find out how they are doing with respect to content performance.
The following could indicate influencer fraud.
- Irregular growth – this could be a sign that they have bought followers
- Extremely low engagement – a sign that the audience isn’t interested, or that there are fake followers
- Extremely high engagement – could indicate that the influencer purchased fake engagements
- Presence of bots – Do most of the followers of influencers appear to be real accounts?
How to determine if an influencer is aligned with your brand
You want to ensure that influencers are aligned with your brand’s personality and content, in addition to analyzing their performance. Your followers shouldn’t have to guess as to the connection between your brand and influencers.
Think about questions like:
- Does their content make sense with my brand?
- Is their content up to your standards?
- Is their style compatible with your brand’s aesthetics
- Is the influencer true to the brand’s values?
- Are you able to see your brand’s voice in their voice?
Authenticity is the key to successful influencer partnerships. And TikTok has millions of influencers. So find the right ones for your brand.
Step 4: Get in touch with others and negotiate
Reach out to influencers that align with your brand, have high performance and are open to collaboration. If you have the email address of an influencer, you can send them an email. You can also message them on TikTok if you don’t have their email address.
Negotiate the collaboration with the influencer until you all agree. Consider how much you are willing to pay the influencer, and what kind of content they will provide in return.
You should also review any publication guidelines that you have for your campaign. Are you asking the influencers to use specific hashtags in their content or not? Maybe you want them to highlight certain aspects of your product. Also, don’t forget about publication deadlines.
Decide whether you require a contract. A contract is not necessary if the influencers are only receiving free products. A contract is necessary when you pay influencers money. An influencer contract template can be used and modified for your collaboration.
Before you can even begin searching for influencers on TikTok, it is important to plan carefully. Then, it’s time-consuming to find influencers. You can make a collaboration a success if you are aware of what to look for in influencers.